AHCPTA is a non-partisan, not-for-profit PTA organization formed from all nine local unit PTAs here in Arlington Heights School District 25. We act as the link between them and Illinois PTA. Unlike the local unit PTA, Illinois PTA, and National PTA who seek individual memberships, a Council is composed of our nine local unit PTAs. The purpose of Council is to promote communication and cooperation among all our PTAs and to provide them with conference and leadership training. We have executive officers and a board who are elected. With representatives from all nine local unit PTAs in Arlington Heights on our board, we strive to work together with district administrators and the Board of Education on concerns affecting all schools within Arlington Heights School District 25.
AHCPTA is committed to the common purposes of National PTA and Illinois PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
2019-2020 Arlington Heights Council of PTAs Officers
- President: Liz Nierman
- 1st Vice President-Programing and Operations: Jody Schaaf
- 2nd Vice President-Policies and Procedures: Kristin Zanini
- Treasurer: Sarah Van Huis
- Secretary: Erica Kubow